Monday, June 1, 2009

I have fallen in love with Holland. It is beautiful and the people are great. There are bike paths everywhere. We went to a cheese and wooden shoe maker, Clara-Maria and to the Keukenhof...ah so many flowers.
At the Clara-Maria, they had a kitty who looks just like Vaako. Since she was a girl, I named her Vaakotina. It was great watching how they make the wooden shoes. I don't know if I could wear them regularly, though. The cheese was so good, especially the herb & garlic. They even had some with alcohol in them and let me tell you, they were good.
After Clara-Maria, we went to the Keukenhof. It was amazing. Unfortunately, their fields of flowers were no longer in bloom, but the gardens were enough for me. We walked around, stopping every couple of feet to take pictures. We had strawberries & cream with some tea. The weather stayed beautiful and turned out to be a very relaxed day. I hope you enjoy the slide show.

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

How much fun! I would love some cheese. :) And wooden shoes- not really. I'm with you.

Bank On It said...

Deborah-that looks so awesome! I'm completely jealous! It looks beautiful there-I love all the tulips! And I've always wanted a pair of wooden shoes!

ShEiLa said...

Wooden shoes are almost as much of a fashion statement as Crocs.

I just got some orthotics to wear to help my feet and they don't work in any of my shoes... except my Crocs... maybe I need some shoes from Holland.

I love all of your photos.

ToOdLeS.

Rawson Family said...

How are you going to come home after see places so beautiful. I don't really think that there is a place in the states that beautiful.

J and Heather said...

oOoOoooOOOoOoOooo so beautiful!!!!

Post a Comment