Christmas time in Germany is wonderful. All the little towns decorate their streets and Christmas markets spring up everywhere. This year we just went to the one in Trier. It was packed.
It was cold, too! But we toughened ourselves up by having some Gluhwein, hot wine. I don't favor the red, but the white was really tasty. I just sipped some from Matt's cup.
My favorite attraction at the market was the mushroom stand. OHHH, the sauteed mushrooms in cream sauce with potatoes is sooooo good.
This year we tried the dampfnudel. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of it, but it was absolutely delicious. It's a steamed dumpling with a creamy center topped with something sweet. I got one with nutella on top and yeah, mmm mmm good.
One of the souvenirs I want to leave Germany with is a Weihnachts Pyramid or Christmas pyramid. This one here is a tad bit too big, but something along those lines. They remind me of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Each little outdoor store went all out in their decorations. I love this bell.
Simply, its a perfect way to spend time before Christmas comes. A bit cold and crowded, but a wonderful time.
6 years ago
1 comments:
That is a lot of people. But I love all the decor.
Post a Comment